Do you dream of having a beautiful garden, but aren't quite sure where to start? Does the thought of planning your garden make you feel overwhelmed? Do you wish you had someone you could call when questions come up during the gardening season? You might need a gardening mentor!
That's where I come in! I'm Marisa Mender-Franklin, owner of Midtown Bramble and Bloom and former elementary school teacher. I love helping others find their gardening joy! I've been offering gardening mentorship to a limited number of clients for the past two years, and I'm excited to open this option up to more flower-loving folks.
Each session lasts for up to 1 hour and is fully tailored to your needs. Mentorship can be a one off meeting or video call where you ask me all the gardening questions you've been saving up, or it can be regular sessions where we work on your gardening skills over time.
What we actually do during the session is up to you. Here are some activities I've done with mentorship clients before:
- Demonstrate how to prune shrubs and then coach you through pruning some shrubs on your own
- Walk through your garden and discuss possible improvements
- Visit a garden center together to select plants that would be a good fit for your garden
- Demonstrate how to start seeds and then seed some trays together
- Practice identifying weeds in the garden while weeding a bed together
- Look for evidence of diseases, pests or other garden issues and make a plan to address the issues together
- Demonstrate how to cut flowers from your garden and make an arrangement
If you select the virtual option, we will meet via zoom. Zoom calls are great for asking and answering questions or learning a new skill, but not as useful for coaching/working alongside.
I've been gardening for well over a decade, with an emphasis on cut flowers. I'm the Owner and Gardener in Chief at Midtown Bramble and Bloom. I am also a Master Gardener and a licensed nursery owner.
The Fine Print
After you place your order, you'll receive an email setting up a time for your session. Don't worry, we will schedule a time that works for both of us! Appointments will be scheduled no later than 30 days out from the purchase date.
The hourly rate for garden mentorship is $50 per hour, which includes any travel time.
In person sessions are available within 20 miles of midtown Memphis. If you are outside of that radius, please select the virtual session option.